HR magazine is delighted to announce this year's shortlist:-
- Liz Bingham, managing partner, people, Ernst & Young
- Richard Crouch, head of HR and OD and communications, Somerset County Council
- Tanith Dodge, HR director, Marks and Spencer
- Neil Morrison, group HR director, Random House Group
- Toby Peyton-Jones, director of HR, Siemens UK & North West Europe
- Alex Rickard , Head of employee proposition, Towry
- Sarah Salter, group HR director, Northumbrian Water
- Louise Smalley, group HR director, Whitbread
- Gillian Taylor, senior vice-president - HR executive, MBNA Bank of America
- James Watts, vice president, HR, KFC UK and Ireland
"Our 2013 shortlist is one of our strongest ever and comprises HR directors who have made a deep impact on their organisational culture and design; who have ensured employees have remained engaged and productive during the most difficult of times and who have worked closely and tirelessly with their chief executives during times of immense change in their sectors," said HR magazine editor Siân Harrington.
"Each of the HRDs on our shortlist has shone in their very different industries. Every story demonstrates excellence in HR. We offer our congratulations to them all."
So what has made each of our shortlisted HR directors so special during the past 12 months? Read the profiles and supporting statements from their CEOS, fellow HR professionals and themselves here. You can then vote on who you think should be the HR Excellence Awards 2013 HR director of the Year.
The winner will be announced at a gala ceremony at London's Park Lane Hilton on 2 July 2013. To book a ticket or for more information please contact Edward Wyre on email@example.com