The 10 HR professionals on the list have all made a significant impact on their organisations during the past 12 months.
Innovation is a theme in this shortlist. It features HR directors who have variously stepped outside of their function to launch something new, found a way to commercialise a successful HR initiative or introduced ground-breaking benefits around flexible working. And that’s just three examples. There are many more.
This shortlist is compiled via reader nominations, and input from industry experts and the HR magazine editorial team. Congratulations to all those on the list.
Find out more about each HRD by clicking their name below.
- Karen Beaven, HR director, River Island
- Andy Dodman, HR director, The University of Sheffield
- Jo Lloyd, HR director, Arco
- Liz McGivern, vice president HR, Red Carnation Hotels
- Stephen Moir, chief people officer, NHS England
- Therese Procter, chief personnel officer, Tesco Bank
- Stevan Rolls, UK head of HR, Deloitte
- John Stewart, HR director, SSE
- Rachel Stock, group HR director, Trinity Mirror
- Mike Williams, people director, Byron
Cast your vote for who should be HR Director of the Year. Voting closes on 31 May.