HR magazine develops the shortlist for this award in conjunction with workplace engagement specialist Best Companies.
Best Companies provides HR magazine with a list of the top nine CEOs in the private and not-for profit sectors based on employee feedback, taking into account leadership criteria such as inspiration and confidence in the person leading the organisation, and ability to build strong management teams.
The 2015 shortlist is as follows:
Most People-Focused CEO, Private sector – kindly sponsored by Penna
- Imran Akram, CEO, Asons
- Graham Beale, chief executive, Nationwide
- Jason Bowler, CEO, Resourcing Group
- Paul Evans, group CEO, AXA
- Laurence Hipkin, president EEMEA, Stryker
- Connor McCormack, UK CEO, Inchcape
- Adrian Moorhouse, managing director, Lane4
- David Pollock, chief executive, Chess Telecom
- Olaf Swantee, CEO, EE
Most People-Focused CEO, Not-for-profit sector
- Karen Armitage, chief executive, Stafford and Rural Homes
- David Bull, executive director, Unicef UK
- Julie Fadden, chief executive, SLH Group
- Anne Hinchey, chief executive, Wales & West Housing
- Alison Lowe, CEO, Touchstone
- Ian Munro, group CEO, New Charter Housing Trust Group
- Rob Owen, CEO, St Giles Trust
- Nigel Parrington, chief executive, Salvation Army Housing Association
- Rob Trimble, CEO, Bromley by Bow Centre
The winner will be announced at the HR Excellence Awards at the London Hilton Park Lane on 30 June. To find out more and to book your table, click here.