World of Learning Conference
Featuring high-profile case studies, interactive seminars and discussion forums, the World of Learning Conference programme concentrates on the current issues of most concern to L&D professionals. You will come away from the World of Learning Conference with genuine and inspiring solutions for your day-to-day and long-term business objectives.
The World of Learning Conference brings together learning and development professionals with leading experts to explore the hottest issues in learning solutions. The conference combines extensive research with authoritative input from key industry figures to provide an up-to-the-minute overview of the major trends affecting the senior learning and development professional.
The World of Learning will equip you with the knowledge, skills and contacts to:
- Deliver more effective and efficient L&D programmes
- Address the key issues of contributing towards better business performance
- Demonstrate and communicate the value of L&D to organisational performance
- Ensure your staff have the skills and expertise needed to cope with current market conditions
- Ensure you play a vital role in staff engagement and retention
- Tackle the increasing demands placed on L&D
Highlights and speakers include:
- Ruth Spellman, chief executive of the Chartered Institute for Management, who will be outlining what businesses need to thrive in this new world, and what L&D needs to contribute towards the future of their organisations
- Jayne Stokes, head of learning at Santander, will be discussing how workplace learning can be encouraged, with examples of her experiences at Santander
- Mike Booth, learning technologies manager at Cable&Wireless Worldwide, will demonstrate the power of technology to achieve more learning with less time, money and resource
- Case studies from prominent organisations including Zurich, National Grid, Priory Group, Corporation of Lloyd’s, Radisson Edwardian Hotels and TUI Travel
- High-level panel debates including representatives from the BBC, HSBC and EDF Energy
World of Learning Exhibition
Whether you are looking to source new suppliers, find innovative and fresh ideas, discover what's new in the market or to network with your peers, the World of Learning's complete blend of learning solutions will inform and inspire you.
Combining a world-class conference with leading L&D suppliers and superb networking opportunities, the World of Learning 2010 offers you a platform to develop your knowledge while sourcing new ideas and contacts to tangibly improve your business learning.
Feature areas include:
- A popular series of free seminars – extended for 2010 – offering practical advice on the issues affecting learning and development professionals on a tactical level
- The Professional Development Zone, allowing visitors to consult leading experts and advisers on all aspects of their career development as an L&D professional
- Skills Workshops, focusing on developing the required skills within key areas of running an L&D function
- A Social Learning Zone, enabling visitors to not only learn the value of social media networks, but also to harness their full potential in learning
- The Experiential Learning Zone, consisting of a range of hands-on sessions to learn about creativity, communication and leadership
- A new International Zone, offering a unique opportunity for international buyers to meet with leading suppliers of L&D products and services.
- Workplace Wellness Zone, offering advice and tips from experts on how to cultivate a working environment that promotes mental, physical and environmental health, to positively impact on stress, reduce absenteeism and improve workforce energy and efficiency
- The Trainer Base, which offers advice on criteria to select a trainer and the opportunity to meet trainers across a wide variety of disciplines
- A Business and Networking Lounge, allowing visitors to keep in touch with the office and meet new contacts
The Conference and Exhibition will take place on 28 and 29 September at the NEC in Birmingham.
HR magazine is the media partner for World of Learning - why not come and meet us at stand E40?
For more information, including registration, visit www.learnevents.com or call +44 (0)20 8394 5171.