HR Excellence Awards 2011: The shortlist for the Most People-Focused CEO
Siân Harrington, May 19, 2011
Who do employees rate as the best leaders of their organisations? HR magazine reveals the shortlist for the Most People-Focused CEO in this year’s HR Excellence Awards.
The list, split into private sector and public/third sector leaders, has been developed in conjunction with workplace engagement specialist Best Companies.
The names on our shortlist scored the highest when employees who had taken part in Best Companies' surveys were asked questions related to leadership, including inspiration, vision and the leadership skills of the senior management team. The relevant parts of the company questionnaire provided by the top scoring organisations were then sent anonymously to the 15 HR director and CEO judges for the HR Excellence Awards 2011. These judges ranked the organisations and leaders.
Eligible organisations in the private sector employed 5,000 plus people, while those in the public/third sector combined small, medium and large organisations.
The shortlist for Most People-Focused CEO in the Private Sector is:
- John Connolly, chief executive, Deloitte
- John Dunford, director, Bourne Leisure
- Andy Ferguson, managing director, Boots Opticians
- Rufus Hall, chief executive, Orchid Group
- Amy McPherson, president & MD Europe, Marriott Hotels International
- William Morris, managing director UK & Ireland, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Gerard Nieuwenhuys, group managing director, Sytner Group
- Ian Powell, chairman and senior partner, PwC
- Michael Sherwood and Richard Gnodde, co-chief executive officers, Goldman Sachs International
- Malcolm Walker, CEO, Iceland Frozen Foods
The shortlist for Most People-Focused CEO in the public/third sector comprises: -
- Jayne Clarke, principal, Oldham Sixth Form College
- Martin Edwards, chief executive, Julia's House
- Marius Frank, CEO, ASDAN
- Anne Hinchey, CEO, Wales and West Housing Association
- Steve Jennings, chief executive, Weaver Vale Housing Trust
- Gary Linton, Head, ACPO Criminal Records Office
- Rob Owen, chief executive, St Giles Trust
- Andrew Purvis, chief executive, Dorset Children’s Hospice Foundation
- Emma Saysell, CEO/director of nursing, St David’s Foundation Hospice Care
- Geoffrey Walker, chief executive, Sandwell Community Caring Trust
The winner will be announced at the HR Excellence Awards 2011 gala dinner at the London Hilton, Park Lane on Monday 27 June. For more information and to book your place, please contact Edward Wyre on firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit www.hrexcellenceawards.com for more details.